CASI LEVELS 1 & 2 SNOWBOARD INSTRUCTOR COURSE
11 WEEKS – SNOWBOARD INSTRUCTOR COURSE, SUN PEAKS, CANADA – £7750
This 11 week snowboard instructor course is our most popular snowboard programme. It’s a totally inclusive course, and cannot be beaten on price. Flying out in November or January, you’ll start the experience of a lifetime.
Your accommodation in the Hearthstone Lodge, Sun Peaks Resort, is just 50 metres from the nearest lift, and right opposite the floodlit snow park – you can literally ride from breakfast until bed.
All the fun aside, we know you’re serious about becoming a qualified snowboard instructor. That’s why we chose Sun Peaks Resort’s sports school to host our courses – a high level training centre that attracts only the best in Canadian snowboard instructors.
We believe success relies on consistent good teaching. That’s why all our courses provide 5 hours of instruction, 5 days per week, and why you are invited to shadow snowboard instructors in real lessons. All your training is focused toward achieving CASI Level 1 and Level 2 snowboard instructor certification.
Your snowboard instructor training course begins the day after your arrival. With regular assessment, video analysis and feedback your riding will improve rapidly, and you’ll usually pass your CASI Level 1 in 3 to 4 weeks.
Intensive coaching for Level 2 continues from week 4. On top of that, we offer the more ambitious boarder the opportunity to gain additional qualifications in park instructor skills and Adaptive Sports.
And our support doesn’t stop at the end of the course. For those serious about working as an instructor, we’ll help you find employment.
What they said
What you’ll get
- Training 5 hours a day, 5 days a week,
from CASI Level 3/4 instructors
- CASI Level 1 snowboard instructor exam
- CASI Level 2 snowboard instructor training
- Option for Level 3 snowboard instructor training
- Option for dual certification
- Option for Park Instructor training
- Shadow teaching
- CASI Membership
- Instructor Licence
- Video analysis
- Shadow Ski Patrol
- Option to add 3 day Adaptive Sports Qualification
- Snow Ready Fitness Plan
- Luxury shared hotel accommodation (Single room available – supplement payable)
- Breakfast & evening meals 7 days a week
- Season lift pass
Hearthstone Lodge Hotel:
- Ski-in, Ski-out
- Outdoor Hot Tubs
- Ski Storage
- High Speed Internet
- En-suite bedroom, kitchen, fireplace, cable & satellite TV
Skiing on a shoestring?
Call us on 44(0) 1736 763 402 to discuss our self catering option
Five hours coaching a day, five days a week*.
Total 25 hours per week.
On the morning of your first day of training you will be assessed and sorted into groups according to ability.
- Weeks 1–3: Level 1 instructor training. Average 25 hours per week. Training days may vary
- Week 4: Level 1 instructor course/exam and assessment. Approx 25 hours. Snowboarders please note that helmets are mandatory for Level 1 and Level 2 exams
- Week 5: Shadowing and teaching. You will be working closely with the snow school and using your newly acquired Level 1 qualification
- Weeks 6–9: Level 2 instructor training. Average 25 hours per week including evening homework
- Week 10: Level 2 instructor course/exam and assessment. Approx 32 hours
- Week 11: Free snowboarding and the opportunity to take further qualifications
*The above schedule will vary depending upon the way the additional courses are slotted in (below). The programme includes 7 weeks training, 2 weeks for exams and 1 – 2 weeks of shadowing and self development.
Days with Ski Patrol and the Adaptive Sports Course are slotted in around the programme after the CASI Level 1 exam.
CASI level 1 and 2 park courses can be organised to suit your schedule.