CSIA Level 1 Ski instructor course
3 weeks/4 weeks/5 weeks – Sun Peaks, Canada – From £3700
Become a ski instructor on one of our 3-5 week short courses. The 3 week programmes start in November and January and are ideal for the more confident skier. The basic 3 week programme in January can be extended by 1 to 2 weeks either before or after the start of the course. Please call our office on 01736 763402 for additional prices.
This short instructor course leads to the CSIA Level 1 qualification. An intensive schedule of training will radically improve your skiing ability – and at the finish you can walk away as a certified ski instructor.
Our short courses are held at Sun Peaks Resort, Canada, where you stay at the Hearthstone Lodge. This hotel is situated on the slopes so you won’t have to waste any time during your three week stay travelling to and from the ski area.
This programme is designed for skiers who can only get a limited time off work. To become a ski instructor in such a short time requires a degree of dedication and commitment to the course. With your fellow trainees you will work hard and play hard. This is the holiday of a lifetime. Achievement, fun and ski improvement condensed into around one month.
What they said
CSIA Level 1
How long for?
3 weeks/4 weeks/5 weeks
Sun Peaks Resort, BC, Canada
30th Nov 2017 / 18th Jan 2018
29th Nov 2018 / 17th Jan 2019
Extra weeks are charged at approx £350 per week and can be begin before and after the course start date in January. The November start date is a 3 week course only. Please phone our office on 01736 763402 to check availability.
You must be comfortable skiing European Blue runs
3 Weeks Without Flights £3700
3 Weeks With Flights £4500
Secure your place with £300 deposit
What you’ll get
- Up to 25 hours a week training
from CSIA Level 3/4 instructors
- CSIA Level 1 ski instructor exam
- Shadow teaching
- CSIA Membership
- Instructor Licence
- Video analysis
- Option to add 3 day Adaptive Sports Qualification
- 5 week course includes option to take the CSCF race coaching course
- Snow Ready Fitness Plan
- Flights and transfers (if applicable)
- Shared hotel accommodation (Single room available – supplement payable)
- Breakfast & evening meals 5 days a week
- Season lift pass
Hearthstone Lodge Hotel:
- Ski-in, Ski-out
- Outdoor Hot Tubs
- Ski Storage
- High Speed Internet
- En-suite bedroom, kitchen, fireplace, cable & satellite TV
Up to 25 hours of training per week.
On the first morning of training you will be assessed and sorted into groups according to ability.
- Week 1: Exploring, ski improvement, technique and all mountain skiing (5 and 4 week course only)
- Week 2: Introduction to carving, short radius and intermediate parallel turns ( 1st week of 3 week course)
- Week 3: CSIA Level 1 exam preparation, teaching practice and assessment by CSIA Level 1 examiner (2nd week of 3 week course)
- Week 4: CSIA Level 1 course exam (3rd week of 3 week course)
- Week 5: Teaching, work experience and working with ski patrol (5 week course only)
Days with Ski Patrol and mini-courses are slotted in around your programme