CSIA Level 1 Ski instructor course
3 weeks/4 weeks/5 weeks – Sun Peaks, Canada – From £3800
Become a ski instructor on one of our 3-5 week short courses. The 3 week programme starts in November and is ideal for the more confident skier. The course completes in December so you can be home for Christmas and be teaching in the new year. Alternatively, you can start in January for a 4 or 5 week option.
This short instructor course leads to the CSIA Level 1 qualification. An intensive schedule of training will radically improve your skiing ability – and at the finish you can walk away as a certified ski instructor.
Our short courses are held at Sun Peaks Resort, Canada, where you stay at the Hearthstone Lodge. This hotel is situated on the slopes so you won’t have to waste any time during your three week stay travelling to and from the ski area.
This programme is designed for skiers who can only get a limited time off work. To become a ski instructor in such a short time requires a degree of dedication and commitment to the course. With your fellow trainees you will work hard and play hard. This is the holiday of a lifetime. Achievement, fun and ski improvement condensed into around one month.
What they said
- CSIA Level 1 Ski Instructor Course ReviewCourtney Rose “The whole course feels like you are all friends helping one another to improve, there is no ‘teacher/student’ strict boundaries which makes the whole experience more enjoyable. I have certainly improved my own skiing and feel very [...]Read more
CSIA Level 1
How long for?
3 weeks/4 weeks/5 weeks
Sun Peaks Resort, BC, Canada
3 week course – 30th Nov 2017 & 18th Jan 2018
4 week course – 18th Jan 2018
5 week course – 18th Jan 2018
You must be comfortable skiing European Blue runs
3 weeks – £3800
4 weeks – £4300
5 weeks – £4800
What you’ll get
- Up to 25 hours a week training
from CSIA Level 3/4 instructors
- CSIA Level 1 ski instructor exam
- Shadow teaching
- CSIA Membership
- Instructor Licence
- Video analysis
- Option to add 3 day Adaptive Sports Qualification
- 5 week course includes option to take the CSCF race coaching course
- Snow Ready Fitness Plan
- Luxury shared hotel accommodation (Single room available – supplement payable)
- Breakfast & evening meals 7 days a week
- Season lift pass
Hearthstone Lodge Hotel:
- Ski-in, Ski-out
- Outdoor Hot Tubs
- Ski Storage
- High Speed Internet
- En-suite bedroom, kitchen, fireplace, cable & satellite TV
Up to 25 hours of training per week.
On the first morning of training you will be assessed and sorted into groups according to ability.
- Week 1: Exploring, ski improvement, technique and all mountain skiing (5 and 4 week course only)
- Week 2: Introduction to carving, short radius and intermediate parallel turns
- Week 3: CSIA Level 1 exam preparation, teaching practice and assessment by CSIA Level 1 examiner
- Week 4: CSIA Level 1 course exam
- Week 5: Teaching, work experience and working with ski patrol (5 week course only)
Days with Ski Patrol and mini-courses are slotted in around your programme