CSIA Level 2 Ski instructor course
5 weeks/6 weeks – Sun Peaks, Canada – £4995
Our 5 or 6 week Level 2 ski instructor courses start in January or February. If you want to arrive earlier to brush up your skiing, this can be extended to seven or eight weeks.
You will join our 11 week programme at Sun Peaks Resort, Canada, after the CSIA Level 1 exams. You will start by refreshing your skills with some teaching and shadowing at the sports school. The Level 2 ski instructor course training then begins the following week and continues until the Level 2 exams in March. See Level 2 standards here.
Sun Peaks resort has a friendly village vibe, more European in flavour than North American. You can ski from your hotel to the nearest lift and sports school. This homely and convenient environment allows you to relax and focus on your course
If you need more we also include an Adaptive Sports training course and a day with Ski Patrol. We also provide opportunities to take additional courses. Many of our clients improve their carving technique on a CSCF race coaching course, and the park enthusiasts can learn more about safety and park skills on a Park Instructor course.
The level 2 ski instructor course departing in January can be extended to a level 2 & 3 training programme, please call us for prices and availability.
What they said
- CSIA Level 2 Ski Instructor Course ReviewRoy Horton “If you are serious about doing a ski or snowboard course The Winter Sports Company should be at the top of your list. The resort at Sun Peaks is exceptional and the package that the Winter Sports Company offered really suited me.” I [...]Read more
What you’ll get
- Training 5 hours a day, 5 days a week,
from CSIA Level 3/4 instructors
- CSIA Level 2 ski instructor training
- Shadow teaching
- CSIA Membership
- Instructor Licence
- Video analysis
- Spend a day with Ski Patrol
- Option to add 3 day Adaptive Sports Qualification
- Snow Ready Fitness Plan
5 week course includes option to take the CSCF race coaching course.
- Luxury shared hotel accommodation (Single room available – supplement payable)
- Breakfast & evening meals 7 days a week
- Season lift pass
Hearthstone Lodge Hotel:
- Ski-in, Ski-out
- Outdoor Hot Tubs
- Ski Storage
- High Speed Internet
- En-suite bedroom, kitchen, fireplace, cable & satellite TV
Five hours coaching a day, five days a week. Total 25 hours per week. On the first morning of training you will be assessed and sorted into groups according to ability.
- Week 1: Settling in, mountain orientation and teaching experience with lesson shadowing and scheduled additional courses
- Week 2: Level 2 CSIA training. Bumps and short radius turns, powder and dynamic carving
- Week 3: Level 2 all-mountain training, teaching and assessment by Level 2 examiners
- Week 4: Teaching practice for bumps, intermediate parallel and Level 2 assessment by the course examiners
- Week 5: Condensed Level 2 training, powder and exam preparation
- Week 6: Level 2 exams. End of season celebration
Days with Ski Patrol and extra courses are slotted in around your programme.
Take your qualifications to the next level.
If you already have a Level 1 qualification in ski instructing, whether this is a British, Australian, Irish or other national certification, then the CSIA will recognise its equivalency and you can enrol for this course.
Call us on 44(0) 1736 763 402 for advice on level 2 training.