CSIA Level 3 Ski Instructor Internship
FULL SEASON – LEVEL 3 SKI INSTRUCTOR INTERNSHIP – SUN PEAKS, CANADA – £4495
Give yourself the greatest chance of achieving level 3 and apply for this level 3 ski instructor internship in Canada.
You’ll have a guaranteed ski instructor job and pre-arranged staff accommodation at one of the greatest resorts in North America, Sun Peaks Resort. With over 4250 acres of skiable area and top level 4 instructors, Sun Peaks has terrain and coaches perfect for reaching CSIA level 3.
Our CSIA level 3 ski instructor internship is an 18 week programme designed for ski instructors already qualified to level 2, places are limited, so early application is recommended. Successful applicants will become a member of the full time snow-sports team at Sun Peaks from November. Over the season as you work towards level 3 you will receive support from CSIA level 4 mentors who are CSIA level 3 course examiners. You will be mentored all season with regular sessions at ski school and the level 3 exam and pre exam modules are included in the price.
Achieving CSIA Level 3
In mid-February working hours will drop to part time, and you’ll join the Winter Sports Company level 3 training – a dedicated, full time 6 week training programme working towards the high standards of CSIA level 3. Having 3 months of work, mentoring and a comprehensive training programme, this internship puts you in the best position possible for passing CSIA level 3.
To be eligible for this internship you must have the right to work in Canada or be able to get your own working visa. If you are between 18 and 30 you can apply for a holiday working visa. Details can be found here.
This CSIA Level 3 ski instructor internship course allows you to work first, then begin training as well as taking your CSIA pre course modules and training before taking the CSIA level 3 exam.
Becoming a level 3 ski instructor is the first step towards achieving your ISIA stamp. Applicants should be aware that to get the stamp you must also consider becoming certified in a second discipline (such as snowboarding), learning a second language, doing some race training, and completing further education modules to fulfil ISIA criteria. For more information please call us on 01736 763402.
What to do now – call, email or book to submit an application. We will be in touch shortly after and will ask for evidence of previous qualifications, and your work visa.
Your application will be assessed by us and passed on to the Snowsports School. If you pass through the first phases successfully, you will then have a job interview (usually via Skype). The successful candidates will be employed by the sports school.
What you’ll get
- Full time job with the Sun Peaks sports school – receiving payment for all lessons taught
- Pre-arranged staff accommodation, within walking distance of the school
- CSIA level 4 and CSIA level 3 course examiner mentor
- Daily staff training sessions with a CSIA level 4
- 6 Week CSIA level 3 training – training 5 hours a day, 4 days per week
- CSIA Level 3 ski instructor exam and modules
- Video analysis
- Option to add training in a second discipline
- Snow Ready Fitness Plan
- Rep in resort all season
- Return Flights
- Pre-arranged staff accommodation
- Full time job with Sun Peaks sports school
- Season lift pass
- Full time ski instructor role
- Snow sports uniform
- Season lift pass
- Staff accommodation – all with kitchenettes and access to laundry facilities
- Daily staff on-snow training with top level instructor
Day one – resort tour, sports school introduction & staff enrolment
- Week 1: Settling in, sort Social Insurance Number, bank accounts and attend ski school staff enrolment training.
- December – February: Work for the ski school, teaching a variety of lessons in an all mountain environment. Self development through mentor relationship, peer to peer improvement and attending staff training.
Late February & March: Level 3 Ski Instructor Course
- Week 1: Ski improvement on piste, moguls and teaching skills
- Week 2: Ski improvement on and off piste with skill assessment and development
- Week 3: Advanced Teaching Module and CSIA Level 3 course – 5 day pre-requisite courses conducted by CSIA Level 3 course examiner
- Week 4: Short radius turns and advanced parallel movement and teaching
- Week 5: Mogul skiing, practice teaching and improvement
- Week 6: Demonstrations, lesson preparations and teaching followed by CSIA Level 3 exam
Part time work for the sports school available on days off.