CSIA Level 3 Ski instructor course
6-8 weeks – Sun Peaks, Canada – From £4550
The CSIA Level 3 Ski Instructor Course is available to advanced skiers who hold a current Level 2 licence. This 6 week programme prepares you to take Level 3 modules and the CSIA Level 3 exams. See CSIA Level 3 standards.
As well as a 6 week long course, we can offer an extra two extra weeks’ to your trip. During this time you have the option to shadow instructors within the ski school to brush up on your teaching, or practice with your colleagues on the slopes to work on your technique. Please call our office on +44 (0)1736 763402 for availability and prices of extra weeks.
Our CSIA Level 3 Ski Instructor Course is delivered by the sports school at Sun Peaks Resort, Canada. This top level training centre for Canadian ski instructors is headed by Vincente Lafontaine who often gives his personal attention to the improvement of his level 3ers.
The sports school at Sun Peaks Resort has 90 working instructors. You’ll have many opportunities to shadow their lessons and teaching practices, where you’ll quickly learn the terrain and become part of their team.
Sun Peaks Resort itself is a small and friendly ski-through village. From your hotel door you can ski to the nearest lift and sports school. This homely and convenient environment allows you to relax and focus on being successful on your CSIA Level 3 Ski Instructor Course.
What they said
- CSIA Level 3 Ski Instructor Course ReviewCath Woodhart “The terrain at Sun Peaks is perfect for ski improvement and learning to teach, and the instructors are all highly experienced and extremely helpful. In our opinion, The Winter Sports Company run the best value for money programmes [...]Read more
What you’ll get
- Training 5 hours a day, 4 days a week,
from CSIA Level 3/4 instructors
- CSIA Level 3 ski instructor training
- Shadow teaching
- CSIA Membership
- Instructor Licence
- Video analysis
- Shadow Ski Patrol
- Option to add 3 day Adaptive Sports Qualification
- Option to take the CSCF race coaching course
- Snow Ready Fitness Plan
- Flights and transfers (if applicable)
- Shared hotel accommodation (Single room available – supplement payable)
- Breakfast & evening meals 5 days a week
- Season lift pass
Hearthstone Lodge Hotel:
- Ski-in, Ski-out
- Outdoor Hot Tubs
- Ski Storage
- High Speed Internet
- En-suite bedroom, kitchen, fireplace, cable & satellite TV
Day one – resort tour, equipment purchase and terrain orientation.
- Week 1: Ski improvement on piste, moguls and teaching skills
- Week 2: Ski improvement on and off piste with skill assessment and development
- Week 3: CSIA Level 3 course – 5 day pre-requisite course conducted by CSIA Level 3 course examiner
- Week 4: Short radius turns and advanced parallel movement and teaching
- Week 5: Mogul skiing, practice teaching and improvement
- Week 6: Demonstrations, lesson preparations and teaching followed by CSIA Level 3 exam
Students opting for the eight week course will receive two weeks of practice, preparation and instructor shadowing prior to the six weeks listed.
Moving on up in the skiing world?
The CSIA recognise the international equivalency of most national Level 2 qualifications. So if you have Level 2 BASI ski instructor qualification, Australian APSI level 2 ski instructor qualification or any other certification then you can join us.
Call us on +44(0) 1736 763 402 to discuss your next move.