CSIA LEVELS 1 & 2 SKI INSTRUCTOR COURSE
11 WEEKS – SUN PEAKS, CANADA – FROM £6995
Our most popular programme, this 11 week course cannot be beaten on price. Fly out in either November or January to begin the winter experience of a lifetime.
Within 11 weeks you can attain internationally recognised qualifications CSIA Level 1 and Level 2. Whilst on the way to this success your skiing will improve quickly. Soon you will be tackling powder, steeps and moguls with style and confidence.
During your course, you’ll be living and training at Sun Peaks Resort, Canada – a small and lively community with a real Alpine village feel. You’ll meet a variety of people, of all ages, and make new friends on and off the course. With the first lift less than two minutes away from your door in the morning – can it get any better?
What they said
CSIA Levels 1 & 2
How long for?
Sun Peaks Resort, BC, Canada
30 Nov 2017 / 18th Jan 2018
29 Nov 2018 / 17th Jan 2019
You must be comfortable skiing European Blue runs
Without Flights £6995
With Flights £7795 (from London)
Secure your place with £300 deposit
What you’ll get
- Training 5 hours a day, 5 days a week,
from CSIA Level 3/4 instructors
- CSIA Level 1 ski instructor exams
- Shadow teaching
- CSIA Membership
- Instructor Licence
- Video analysis
- Shadow Ski Patrol
- Option to add 3 day Adaptive Sports Qualification
- Option to take the CSCF race coaching course
- Snow Ready Fitness Plan
- Flights and transfers (if applicable)
- Shared hotel accommodation (Single room available – supplement payable)
- Breakfast & evening meals 5 days a week
- Season lift pass
Hearthstone Lodge Hotel:
- Ski-in, Ski-out
- Outdoor Hot Tubs
- Ski Storage
- High Speed Internet
- En-suite bedroom, kitchen, fireplace, cable & satellite TV
5 hours instruction a day, 5 days a week. Total 25 hours per week.
Day one – resort tour and equipment purchase followed by skiing in the afternoon.
- Week 1: Settling in, exploring and an introduction to race carving
- Week 2: Ski improvement and technique
- Week 3: CSIA Level 1 exam preparation and teaching
- Week 4: Level 1 exam and celebrations
- Week 5: Level 2 CSIA training. Bumps and short radius turns
- Week 6: Teaching experience, lesson shadowing and scheduled additional courses
- Week 7: Powder, dynamic carving and teaching
- Week 8: Level 2, all-mountain, freestyle and assessment by Level 2 examiners
- Week 9: Teaching practice for bumps, intermediate parallel and Level 2 assessment by the course examiners
- Week 10: Condensed Level 2 training, powder and exam preparation
- Week 11: Level 2 exams and celebration
The programme includes 7 weeks training, 2 weeks for exams and 1–2 weeks of shadowing and self-development.
Days with Ski Patrol and the Adaptive Sports Course are slotted in around the programme after the CSIA Level 1 exam, so the above schedule may vary.
A CSCF race coaching course can be organised to suit your schedule.