LEVEL 3 SKI INSTRUCTOR INTERNSHIP NEW ZEALAND
13 WEEKS – QUEENSTOWN, NEW ZEALAND – £7250
Our New Zealand level 3 ski instructor internship is a 12 week programme designed for ski instructors already qualified to level 2. This can be NZSIA Level 2 or APSI, BASI, CSIA, PSIA Level 2. Whilst living in Queenstown, you will train and work at the nearest ski resorts of Coronet Peak and The Remarkables.
To be eligible for this course you must have the right to work in New Zealand or be able to get your own working visa. If you are between 18 and 30 you can apply for a holiday working visa. Details can be found here.
This NZSIA Level 3 ski instructor internship course allows you to work first, take your NZSIA pre courses in skiing and teaching then train for 4 weeks with level 3 trainers before taking your NZSIA level 3 exam.
NB. This is the first step towards gaining your ISIA stamp. Candidates please be aware that to achieve the stamp you must also consider acquiring qualification in a second discipline (such as snowboarding), learning a second language, doing some race training, and completing further education modules to fulfil ISIA criteria. For more information please call us on 01736 763402.
What to do now – call, email or book to submit an application. A member of the NZ team will be in touch and we will ask for evidence of previous qualifications, and your work visa. Download an application form.
Your application will then be passed on to the HR department of Coronet Peak Snowsports School. If you pass through the first phases of the HP process you will then be required to complete and take a job interview.
The successful candidates will then be chosen.
What they said
- NZSIA Ski Instructor Course ReviewElliot Russell “After spending a season in Canada with The Winter Sport Company I decided to book onto their advanced course in New Zealand. I couldn’t believe how much I learnt in the first week of training. The trainers were at some of the highest levels in the Southern Hemisphere. The [...]Read more
What you’ll get
- 6 Weeks of ski instructing work at either Coronet Peak or The Remarkables
- On the job mentoring from trainers
- NZSIA membership
- NZSIA Level 3 skiing pre course
- NZSIA Level 3 teaching pre course exam
- 12 days level 3 training
- Evening and night sessions
- Season lift pass for 2 resorts – The Remarkables & Coronet Peak
- Transport to the slopes 7 days a week
- Snow Ready Fitness Plan
- Personal goal setting and progress
- Welcome meeting
- Weeks in resort before slopes officially open
- Self – catered accommodation
- All tuition
Pinewood Lodge, Queenstown
- Self-catered rooms with kitchens
- 2 per room
- Laundry with dryer
- Drying room
- Ski Tuning room
- Free Wi Fi
- Week 1: Orientation and introduction to NZSIA methods. Welcome meeting and downtown Queenstown visit to organise bank accounts etc. Start working with NZski Snowsports School
- Week 2: Work with NZSki Snowsports School
- Week 3: Work with NZSki Snowsports School
- Week 4: Work with NZSki Snowsports School & mentoring
- Week 5: Work with NZski Snowsports School & mentoring
- Week 6: Work with NZSki Snowsports School & mentoring
- Week 7: NZSIA level 3 skiing pre course
- Week 8: NZSIA level 3 teaching pre course
- Week 9: Level 3 training
- Week 10: Level 3 training
- Week 11: Level 3 training
- Week 12: Level 3 training
- Week 13: NZSIA Level 3 exam
- Option to extend accommodation to stay in resort