SKI INSTRUCTOR COURSE NEW ZEALAND
10 WEEKS – QUEENSTOWN, NEW ZEALAND – £9250
Fast track into the winter sports industry on our New Zealand ski instructor course, you’ll train during the British summer and be eligible to work the following winter.
Within 10 weeks you can attain internationally recognised qualifications – NZSIA Level 1 and Level 2 – whilst skiing some of the best steeps and moguls in the southern hemisphere. During your course you’ll live in Queenstown and train at nearby Coronet Peak and The Remarkables, these ski areas are arguably the most exhilarating on the planet. Our NZ courses run in adrenalin junkie heaven, so, included in the price of your course is a unique heli-ski adventure of a lifetime.
The 10 week New Zealand ski instructor course will have you on the snow 6 days a week, the time is split between professional training and personal development. And if that isn’t enough you’ll have free transport to the resorts 7 days a week, so can enjoy the mountain on your days off too.
On training days you’ll get 5 hours tuition as well as regular assessment, evening sessions and video analysis and there is unlimited opportunities to shadow lessons. With everything set up for fast-track improvement, you’ll be prepared to take your Level 1 NZSIA certification in week four. In fact, we’re so confident in your progression, we include Level 1 and 2 certification entry fees in the price of the course.
This course is designed to support you in finding employment in the industry, and at its conclusion, you’ll be assisted in finding a ski instructor job.
What they said
What you’ll get
- 6 days of instruction and mentoring per week
- NZSIA membership
- NZSIA Level 1 exam
- NZSIA Level 2 exam
- Season lift pass for 2 resorts – The Remarkables & Coronet Peak
- Transport to the slopes 7 days a week
- Heli-skiing day
- Fun race day
- Ski Tuning Seminar
- Night Sessions including video analysis
- Snow Ready Fitness Plan
- Welcome meeting
- Self – catered accommodation
- All tuition
- Heli-ski trip
- Fun Race & BBQ day
- Big Bash party on last evening
- 2 per room
- Communal kitchen including fridge freezer, cooker, microwave & dishwasher
- Laundry with dryer
- Lounge with Sky TV, dvd player
- Iron & ironing board
- Week 1: Orientation and introduction to NZSIA methods. Personal ski improvement teaching absolute beginners and shadowing
- Week 2: Ski Improvement, teaching controlled turns and demonstrations for beginners. Shadow teaching and pre exam review
- Week 3: Ski improvement. Teaching children levels 1 & 2. Turn shape demonstrations. Exam preparation
- Week 4: NZSIA Level 1 exam – held over 5 days
- Week 5: NZSIA level 2 preparation. On and off piste ski improvement. Level 3 turns and teaching
- Week 6: Ski improvement with varied turn shapes on and off piste. Teaching level 4 lessons, turn shape demonstrations and diagnosis
- Week 7: Varied turns, short and intermediate radius, advanced parallel on and off piste. Lesson preparation
- Week 8: Personal pre exam review. Ski improvement. Teaching level 4 lessons. Turn shape demonstrations, analysis and lesson planning
- Week 9: Refine all skills. Shadow lessons of choice. Personal ski improvement with turn shape refinement. Teaching practice and lesson planning
- Week 10: NZSIA Level 2 exam