SKI INSTRUCTOR SHORT COURSE NEW ZEALAND
5 WEEKS – QUEENSTOWN, NEW ZEALAND – £6450
Our New Zealand ski instructor short course is an intensive and challenging programme. In just 5 weeks we aim to take you through Level 1 & 2 NZSIA instructor qualifications. This is not for the faint-hearted.
Training takes place across two resorts, Coronet Peak and The Remarkables whilst you live in the nearby town of Queenstown. You’ll receive professional training and mentoring 6 days a week. There will be 12 intensive training days before your exam. There will be regular personal assessment, evening sessions and video analysis. With everything set up for fast-track improvement, you’ll be prepared to take your Level 1 NZSIA certification in week three going on to take your level 2 in the final week.
If you are a competent skier and believe you have the determination to succeed, this is the course for you.
Adrenaline seekers will love Queenstown and it’s surrounding resorts – the moguls and steeps are every skiers dream, and, if you need anything more to entice you to New Zealand we throw in a day’s heli skiing so you can experience the excitement of the back country – it’s a real once in a lifetime opportunity!
What they said
- NZSIA Ski Instructor Course ReviewElliot Russell “After spending a season in Canada with The Winter Sport Company I decided to book onto their advanced course in New Zealand. I couldn’t believe how much I learnt in the first week of training. The trainers were at some of the highest levels in the Southern Hemisphere. The [...]Read more
- Week 1: Orientation and introduction to NZSIA methods. Personal ski improvement, teaching controlled turns and demonstrations for beginners.
- Week 2: Ski improvement. Teaching children levels 1 & 2. Turn shape demonstrations. Shadow teaching and exam preparationS.
- Week 3: NZSIA Level 1 exam – held over 5 days
- Week 4: Ski improvement with varied turn shapes on and off piste. Refining all skills, shadowing experience and preparation for level 2.
- Week 5: NZSIA level 2 exam
What you’ll get
- 6 days a week instruction and mentoring
- NZSIA membership
- NZSIA Level 1 exam
- NZSIA Level 2 exam
- Season lift pass for 2 resorts – The Remarkables & Coronet Peak
- Transport to the slopes 7 days a week
- Work experience
- Heli-skiing day
- Fun race day
- Ski Tuning Seminar
- Night Sessions including video analysis
- Snow Ready Fitness Plan
- 2 per room
- Complete kitchen including fridge freezer, cooker, microwave & dishwasher
- Laundry with dryer
- Lounge with Sky TV, dvd player
- Iron & ironing board
- Welcome meeting
- Self – catered accommodation
- All tuition
- Heli-ski trip
- Fun Race & BBQ day
- Big Bash party on last evening