OFF PISTEHeli Skiing
A once-in-a-lifetime heli skiing adventure in Canada
Prepare to dare with our off piste training, spend 5 days of your holiday with professional instructors honing your technique and skills for powder. Your new found off piste confidence will see you exploring the back country routes of the Taynton bowl before taking on the heli skiing adventure of your life!
Our heli skiing preparation holidays are perfect for those who fancy a challenge or have exhausted the red and black runs in Europe, you’ll spend hour after hour freeriding, thrill seeking and powder hunting.
The climax of your holiday is an amazing heli ski experience day – feel the rush of adrenalin as you take in the spectacular views flying over the untouched snowcapped mountains. The helicopter will drop you on top of the world in a pristine snow-filled wilderness. It will be the biggest buzz of your life.
What’s included in the price?
So you can focus on your heli skiing holiday we’ve incorporated everything into a comprehensive preparation course. We sort out your entire trip including lift passes, accommodation, instruction and heli-skiing equipment.
We can also include flights in your package, please contact us for a quote.
- Accommodation – Pine Inn
- Lift pass
- 5 days of off piste training
- 1 day heli ski experience
- Heli skiing equipment
- Optional 2nd day of heli at a discounted rate
- On piste assessment of ability and style
- Stance and balance
- Shallow off piste training – tailored to the groups ability
- Pressure control (very important for back country skiing)
- Turning on shallow and steep slopes
- Handling steeps, deeps and treelines
- Identifying safe routes
- Identifying avalanche risks
- The day starts with breakfast at the Heliport
- A safety brief & route planning discussion
- You’ll then enjoy up to 5 heli drops
- During the day you’ll have a packed lunch on the mountain (the best lunchtime view you’ll ever have)
- Once the day is over, we’ll take you back to the hotel & you can reflect on the awesome day!
The routes will be chosen based on your skiing ability, confidence and how much you want to be challenged. The number of heli drops depends on the length of the runs and weather conditions.
- Day 1: Travel to Resort
- Day 2: Panorama Mountain Tour & day one off piste training
- Day 3: Day 2 off piste training
- Day 4: Day 3 off piste training – Getting deeper, steeper & looking for trees
- Day 5: Free day to practice explore and rest.
- Day 6: Day 4 off piste training – mastering the technique
- Day 7: Day 5 off piste training – preparing for the big day
- Day 8: Breakfast at the Heliport and up and away for the best day of your life
- Day 9: Free ski day – or your chance to fly again, up to 50% discount
- Day 10: Home time
During the 14 day holiday you will enjoy a few more free-ski and rest days between training – so you can really practice your technique and enjoy Panorama Resort.
Winter Sports look after you the whole way and look out for you to make your season the best it can be and the most productive with all the extra courses you can do. I would highly recommend a season with Winter Sports.
The instructors were amazing, everyone knew how to improve you in their own different ways, which made your skiing ability and your teaching ability improve every day.
The Internship course was great and packed full of experience. It definitely helped me when applying for jobs. It made me stand out in front of the crowd. Without The Winter Sports Company I would not be where I am today
The best part of being a ski instructor is definitely the early morning skiing, every day we got the chance to warm up and train with top-level instructors before the mountain opened to the public. That meant I got the best training in resort and fresh tracks every single day!
The whole course feels like you are all friends helping one another to improve, there is no ‘teacher/student’ strict boundaries which makes the whole experience more enjoyable. I have certainly improved my own skiing and feel very confident with being able to teach others of all ages.
The training was brilliant everyone in the group had their own things to work on and successfully completed all the courses. I felt the training worked to everyone’s comfortable pace and was instructed by the some of the best instructors in Canada.
Thank Winter Sports Company for providing me with a once in a life time opportunity and making my first full season so enjoyable.
Taking the snowboard instructor course has allowed me to turn a hobby into a career. I am returning to Sun Peaks this year as an instructor. So, thanks Winter Sports!
Not only do you leave with a qualification, you leave with a bunch of new mates and a tonne of awesome memories