18 WEEK SNOWBOARD SEASON – SUN PEAKS RESORT, CANADA
OPTION FOR CASI LEVELS 1, 2 & 3 SNOWBOARD INSTRUCTOR COURSES – FROM £10400
Snowboard instructor courses lasting longer than 11 weeks can be tailored to your own preferences.
In one season you can choose to:
- Train to Level 3 snowboard instructor standard
- Gain dual qualifications in snowboarding and skiing
- Take a leisurely approach to attaining CASI Levels 1 & 2 snowboard instructor qualifications
Flying out in November, you’ll be amazed at the amount of early snow in Canada. After a few days getting to know the village at Sun Peaks Resort and settling in at your slopeside hotel, the Hearthstone Lodge, we drop you straight into training.
Being an early bird on the slopes means you won’t have to share the mountains with hundreds of people. You can learn the terrain, get to meet the locals and settle in to enjoy a Christmas of a lifetime.
We encourage you to select your own approach to training. You are able to progress as fast or as slowly as you want. The snow school at Sun Peaks Resort is a high level centre for instructor training so there are a variety of courses to choose from throughout the season.
Once you have passed your Level 1 snowboard instructor exam, you are free to develop your ability at your own speed. So whether you prefer teaching or playing in the park or powder, we offer a multitude of opportunities.
Our 18 week snowboard instructor courses Canada includes heaps of extras. Like spending time with Ski Patrol, learning about mountain safety and emergency responses, or getting an adaptive sports qualification.
What they said
CASI Levels 1 , 2 & 3
How long for?
Sun Peaks Resort, BC, Canada
27th November 2018
26th November 2019
You must be comfortable snowboarding/skiing European Blue runs
Without Flights £10400
With Flights £10845 (From London)
Secure your place with £300 deposit
What you’ll get
- Training 5 hours a day, 5 days a week for levels 1 & 2
- Training 5 hours a day, 4 days a week for level 3
- CASI Level 1 instructor exams
- Shadow teaching
- CASI membership
- Instructor Licence
- Video analysis
- Shadow Ski Patrol
- Snow Ready Fitness Plan
- Guidance and help finding employment as a snowboard or ski instructor
- Many options for extra or alternative courses and opportunities.
For more info about course options, please call us on 44(0) 1736 763 402
- Flights and transfers (if applicable)
- Shared hotel accommodation (Single room available – supplement payable)
- Breakfast & evening meals 5 days a week
- Season lift pass
Hearthstone Lodge Hotel:
- Ski-in, Ski-out
- Outdoor Hot Tubs
- Ski Storage
- High Speed Internet
- En-suite bedroom, kitchen, fireplace, cable & satellite TV
Five hours coaching a day, five days a week.
Total 25 hours per week.
Day one – Resort tour and equipment purchase followed by snowboarding in the afternoon.
- Week 1: Settling in, exploring and an introduction to snowboard instructing
- Week 2: Snowboarding improvement and technique
- Week 3: CASI Level 1 exam preparation and teaching
- Week 4: Level 1 exam and celebrations
- Week 5: Level 2 CASI training, powder, treeline and racing turns
- Week 6: Teaching experience and lesson shadowing and additional courses from the programme schedule
- Week 7: Powder, carving and teaching
- Week 8: Level 2, all-mountain, freestyle, switch and assessment by Level 2 examiners
- Week 9: Teaching practice for powder, carving and Level 2 assessment by the course examiners
- Week 10: Condensed Level 2 training, powder and exam preparation
- Week 11: Level 2 exams and celebrations
- Weeks 12–18: CASI Level 3 snowboard instructor training is available to those who pass the CASI Level 2 exam. See below
Weeks 1 to 11 will vary depending upon the way the additional courses are slotted in (below). The programme includes 7 weeks training, 2 weeks for exams and 1 – 2 weeks of shadowing and self development.
Days with Ski Patrol and the Adaptive Sports Course are slotted in around the programme after the CASI Level 1 exam.
CASI level 1 and 2 park courses can be organised to suit your schedule.
The number of days per week for level 3 training depends upon the number of clients booked on the separate level 3 course. Please ask for details.