CSIA LEVELS 1 & 2 SKI INSTRUCTOR COURSE
11 WEEKS – CANADA – FROM £6995
Our most popular programme, this 11 week course cannot be beaten on price. Fly out in either November or January to begin the winter experience of a lifetime.
Within 11 weeks you can attain internationally recognised qualifications CSIA Level 1 and Level 2. Whilst on the way to this success your skiing will improve quickly. Soon you will be tackling powder, steeps and moguls with style and confidence.
During your course, you’ll be living and training in a world class resort as part of a small and lively community with a real Alpine village feel. You’ll meet a variety of people, of all ages, and make new friends on and off the course. With the first lift less than two minutes away from your door in the morning – can it get any better?
What they said
CSIA Levels 1 & 2
How long for?
18th Jan 2018
29 Nov 2018 / 17th Jan 2019
You must be comfortable skiing European Blue runs
Without Flights £6995
With Flights £7795 (from London)
Secure your place with £300 deposit
What you’ll get
- Training & Mentoring 5 hours a day, 5 days a week,
from CSIA Level 3/4 instructors
- CSIA Level 1 ski instructor exams
- Shadow teaching
- CSIA Membership
- Instructor Licence
- Video analysis
- Shadow Ski Patrol
- Option to add 3 day Adaptive Sports Qualification
- Option to take the CSCF race coaching course
- Snow Ready Fitness Plan
- Heli-skiing/Snowboarding Day*
- Free unlimited bus service to nearby town*
*Included in courses at Panorama Mountain Resort
- Flights and transfers (if applicable)
- Shared hotel accommodation (Single room available – supplement payable)
- Breakfast & evening meals 5 days a week*
- Season lift pass
*Guests in Panorama receive a meal card worth $160 per week to spend in restaurants across the resort.
Hearthstone Lodge Hotel:
- Ski-in, Ski-out
- Outdoor Hot Tubs
- Ski Storage
- High Speed Internet
- En-suite bedroom, kitchen, fireplace, cable & satellite TV
5 hours instruction a day, 5 days a week. Total 25 hours per week.
Day one – resort tour and equipment purchase followed by skiing in the afternoon.
- Week 1: Settling in, exploring and an introduction to race carving
- Week 2: Ski improvement and technique
- Week 3: CSIA Level 1 exam preparation and teaching
- Week 4: Level 1 exam and celebrations
- Week 5: Level 2 CSIA training. Bumps and short radius turns
- Week 6: Teaching experience, lesson shadowing and scheduled additional courses
- Week 7: Powder, dynamic carving and teaching
- Week 8: Level 2, all-mountain, freestyle and assessment by Level 2 examiners
- Week 9: Teaching practice for bumps, intermediate parallel and Level 2 assessment by the course examiners
- Week 10: Condensed Level 2 training, powder and exam preparation
- Week 11: Level 2 exams and celebration
The programme includes 7 weeks training, 2 weeks for exams and 1–2 weeks of shadowing and self-development.
Days with Ski Patrol and the Adaptive Sports Course are slotted in around the programme after the CSIA Level 1 exam, so the above schedule may vary.
A CSCF race coaching course can be organised to suit your schedule.
11 Week Ski Instructor Course in Pictures
Choice of Resorts
Sun Peaks Resort
Nestled in the Kootenay mountains, Sun Peaks is one of the largest ski areas in Canada – second to only Whistler Blackcomb. Big enough to party, but small enough to get to know the locals, Sun Peaks will be a home from home during your 11 week ski instructor course. A great place to spend your first season, most students are eager to return year after year, either for work or holidays.
Our 11 week instructor course in Sun Peaks is our signature programme and has been running for a decade. During the course your training is provided by the Sun Peaks sports school and with over 4000 acres of terrain you can tackle steeps, deeps, moguls and even the terrain park.
Sun Peaks has a bustling centre, with bars, shops, restaurants, a convenience store and plenty of things to do – like ice skating, snow shoeing and dog sled tours. The winter community is large at Sun Peaks, with thousands of seasonal visitors, ride-shares to the local city of Kamloops are easy to find for cinema trips, shopping and ice hockey games.
Panorama Mountain Resort
With a huge choice of terrain and a large ski area which includes one of the biggest vertical drops in North America – Panorama is an ideal resort for wannabe ski instructors. A ski-in ski-out resort in the Purcell Mountains, Panorama has a village feel and a holiday atmosphere all season long. Panorama boasts some incredible hot pools overlooking the piste, and, as a Winter Sports guest these are free to use for the duration of your stay.
Our Panorama course features an exclusive heli-skiing day trip where you’ll get to clip in to a pair of powder skis and experience fresh tracks all day long. Heli-skiing is a once in a lifetime adventure and for many is the highlight of the season.
Training is provided by the Panorama Sports School, and you’ll experience all areas of the resort, including huge powder fields like the world famous Taynton Bowl. Unlike other resorts, Panorama has a regular bus service to the local town of Invermere where you can enjoy the night life of a town with a sports centre, curling rink, ice rink, cinema, pubs, clubs, restaurants and cafes.