SNOWBOARD INSTRUCTOR COURSE NEW ZEALAND
10 WEEKS – QUEENSTOWN, NEW ZEALAND – £9250
If snowboarding is your passion, then what better way to spend your summer holidays than riding the rails and shooting the chutes at Coronet Peak or The Remarkables in New Zealand.
With 6 terrain parks between the two resorts including the world famous gully ‘The Stash’ and the evening ‘park in the dark’ specials, you could not choose a better ten weeks snowboard instructor course than the one based at Queenstown. And, in case that isn’t enough excitement for those hard-core boarders, we throw in a heli-boarding day trip – so you can really experience the NZ backcountry!
On our 10 week New Zealand snowboard instructor course, you can attain internationally recognised qualifications – SBINZ Level 1 and Level 2 – whilst riding some of the best powder, steeps and moguls in the southern hemisphere. You’ll also have the opportunity to take a freestyle certification – a useful addition to any CV.
On our New Zealand snowboard instructor course, you’ll train at Coronet Peak and The Remarkables and live in the nearby town of Queenstown. Here at the heart of New Zealand’s adventure capital, you will have a winter experience of a life time.
Your instructor programme includes 5 hours tuition a day and personal development and mentoring 6 days a week, regular assessment, evening sessions and video analysis. Improving quickly, you’ll be prepared to take your Level 1 SBINZ certification in week four.
In fact, we’re so confident in your progression, we include level 1 and 2 certification fees in the price of the course. And, once you’re a fully fledged instructor, we’ll do all we can to help you find work in the industry.
What they said
What you’ll get
- 6 days a week instruction & mentoring
- SBINZ membership
- SBINZ Level 1 exam
- SBINZ Level 2 exam
- Season lift pass for 2 resorts – The Remarkables & Coronet Peak
- Transport to the slopes 7 days a week
- Work experience
- Heli-skiing day
- Fun race day
- Ski Tuning Seminar
- Night Sessions including video analysis
- Snow Ready Fitness Plan
- Welcome meeting
- Self – catered accommodation
- All tuition
- Heli-ski trip
- Fun Race & BBQ day
- Big Bash party on last evening
Pinewood Lodge, Queenstown
- Self-catering rooms with kitchens (2 per room)
- Laundry with dryer
- Drying room
- Ski Tuning room
- Free Wi Fi
Weeks’ 1–4 Goals: To teach a beginner class up to turning on green terrain and ride at a competent level on groomed blue terrain showing a good snowboard performance
To achieve this we will cover: Teaching progressions for SBINZ class levels 1 & 2. Teaching methodology and class handling. Development of demonstrations and personal riding skills
- Week 1: Orientation and introduction to SBINZ methods. Personal riding improvement teaching absolute beginners and shadowing
- Week 2: Riding Improvement. Teaching controlled turns and demonstrations for beginners. Shadow teaching and pre exam review
- Week 3: Snowboard improvement.Teaching children levels 1 & 2. Turn shape demonstrations. Exam preparation
- Week 4: SBINZ Level 1 exam – held over 5 days
- Week 5: SBINZ level 2 preparation. On and off piste riding improvement. Level 3 turns and teaching.
- Week 6: Snowboard improvement with varied turn shapes on and off piste. Teaching level 4 lessons, turn shape demonstrations and diagnosis.
- Week 7: Varied turns radius on and off piste. Freeriding and lesson preparation.
- Week 8: Personal pre exam review. Snowboard improvement. Teaching level 4 lessons. Turn shape demonstrations, analysis and lesson planning.
- Week 9: Refine all skills. Shadow lessons of choice. Persona riding improvement with turn shape refinement. Teaching practice and lesson planning.
- Week 10: SBINZ Level 2 exam.
*The course content and schedule may vary depending upon your personal needs.