Ski resorts can get very cold, and we have known temperatures lower than –35 Celsius in Canada. A quality jacket & trousers are essential, as well as several base layers. CWe have written a Guide to buying the right jacket which can help you choose the right outwear for your course. This kit list can be used as a guide to packing.
- Ski/Snowboard jacket
- Ski/Snowboard trousers
- Thermal long tops and bottoms
- Ski/Snowboard socks
- Micro fleece jumper
- Fleece jumper
- Good quality mitts or gloves (mitts are better in colder weather)
- Snood/Neck tube
- Boot gloves / Boot heaters (for those very cold days)
- Helmet (a sports school requirement for all when shadowing)
- Snowboard (All mountain not a park or powder board)
- Skis & poles (All mountain/carving not twin tips or powder skis)
- Everyday clothes
- Toiletries (many UK electric toothbrush chargers won’t work abroad – even with an adaptor)
- Swimming gear / gym clothing
- Warm & waterproof boots for walking around resort
- Power adaptors
- Laptop or Tablet (not needed for training, but many customers bring them with them).
- Leads & chargers for all electronics
- Device with an alarm clock
- 2 credit/debit/travel money cards (we advise having 2 in case one is lost or breaks)
Things to note:
You will be wearing ski and snowboard gear most of the time– you won’t need as many everyday clothes as you think. There are laundry facilities in all resorts which most customers use weekly, so when packing we advise to pack the same as you would for a one or two week holiday.