COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION
PAGE UPDATED: 12 October 2020
COVID-19 Moving Forward
When COVID hit the world last March resulting in the closure of ski resorts around the world nobody could have imagined the true extent of what was to come.
2020 has definitely thrown us all a couple of curve balls and has made planning ahead a challenge but challenges are there to be overcome. For this reason we’ve amended our cancellation conditions so that you can feel 100% secure in your booking with Winter Sports. We are constantly working with all our resorts and suppliers who have adapted amazingly in these difficult times and have now had a successful Summer season all be it a little quieter without all the international traffic.
Although things may be a little different this year, as long as there is the enthusiasm of our clients and snow on the mountains then we will find a way.
- Secure your place with a fully refundable deposit of £300.
- If your course is cancelled, then we’ll provide a full refund
- Flexibility to change your trip or cancel
- Your booking is protected through our Financial Failure Insurance or ATOL protected if with flights.
If we have to cancel your course before your departure for any reason including resorts closure, international travel restrictions preventing you from getting to your destination or another COVID related matter then you can:
- Transfer to a following year at no extra charge, locking in your original price
- Transfer to another course in the 20/21 season with no change fee added
- Request a full refund if none of the above options work for you.
Should the resort close during your stay due to COVID-19 then we will refund you a proportion of your remaining lost trip. This will be worked out on a pro-rata basis minus elements you have already had the full use of.
For example: You are 8 weeks through your 10 week course. We will refund 20% of your course fee after applying deductions for any fully used elements such as:
Lift pass – if you have already skied the number of days (approx 3 weeks) that makes a season pass cheaper than day tickets
Flights – if you have selected a flight option then the add on cost of the flight will be removed.
Exams – If you have completed any examination that is included in your package.
Extra costs – Any add on’s completed such as the AST 1 or training modules included in you package costs.
We will always go the extra mile to make sure you get home safe and sound and will work with all transport and airline providers to make necessary changes. Should there be any extra costs incurred then these costs will be deducted from your refund.
If within 14 days of your course starting you are diagnosed with Covid or are advised to self-isolate due to suspected COVID or contact with a confirmed case then you will need to contact your travel insurance provider. This would also apply for any illness or injury that may prevent you from travelling. For this reason we recommend getting comprehensive travel insurance to cover for cancellation. In these strange times it may be hard to get cover for COVID -19 so should your travel insurance not provide cancellation cover for COVID, in this instance we’ll provide the following option:
- Provide a credit note to be used within 2 years of your original departure date.
You will need to provide us with suitable proof or medical certificate to confirm the reason for your cancellation.
In the extremely unlikely event that The Winter Sports is no longer financially able to trade, rest assured that your money and package is fully protected. For all packages selected with a flight, your trip is fully protected by ATOL. For those who prefer the flexibility of booking their own flights, then we provide Financial Failure Insurance through our provider International Passenger Protection. For guests in resort they will have the option of either being repatriated or completing their package as booked and for those guests who are yet to fly, they will receive a full refund of all monies given.
World Health Organisation
Official UK Websites
- UK Government Response & Information
- NHS Information & Advice
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Travel Advice
- UK Travel Advice – Canada
Official Australia Websites
- Australian Government Department for Foreign Affairs and Trade Coronavirus Travel Advice
- Australian Government Department for Health Information & Advice
Official New Zealand Websites
- New Zealand Foreign Affairs and Trade Coronavirus Information
- New Zealand Ministry of Health Information and Advice
Official USA Websites
- USA Government Information and Advice
- USA Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Information & Advice
Official Ireland Websites