Ski resorts can get very cold, and we have known temperatures lower than –35 Celsius in Canada. A quality jacket & trousers are essential, as well as several base layers. We have written a Guide to buying the right jacket to help you choose the right outwear for your course. This kit list can be used as a guide to packing.
Remember if you are flying with us you’ll have 1 x 23kg hold bag, 1 x ski/board bag, 1 x boot bag, and 1 x carry-on bag.
- Ski/Snowboard jacket
- Ski/Snowboard trousers
- Thermal long tops and bottoms
- Ski/Snowboard socks
- Microfleece jumper
- Fleece jumper
- Good quality mitts or gloves (mitts are better in colder weather)
- Snood/Neck tube
- Boot gloves / Boot heaters (for those freezing days)
- Down jacket or equivalent
- Helmet (a snow school requirement for all when shadowing)
- Snowboard (All mountain, not a park or powder board)
- Skis & poles (All mountain/carving, not twin tips or powder skis)
- Ski bag or board bag, & boot bag (these items go free with Air Canada so pack them full within reason)
- Everyday clothes & Going out clothes – Be sensible!! It’s not a fashion show guys! You’ll be living in your boots and ski/board gear so don’t go overboard.
- Warm & waterproof boots for around resort (it gets slippy)
- Toiletries (many UK electric toothbrush chargers won’t work abroad – even with an adaptor)
- Swimming gear/gym clothing
- Lip Balm/Suncream/Face cream/Moisturiser
- Alcohol sanitiser & Covid face mask
- Blister packs, painkillers, any extra medication your taking
- Laptop or Tablet (not needed for training, but many customers bring them).
- Power adaptors / Leads & chargers for all electronics
- Scissors (a mini sewing kit is also handy for any ripped clothing etc)
- A good book/cards.
- Home comforts. Favourite coffee, tea, chocolate
- Snacks for the slope ? (Come on! You can’t beat a good mini mars bar on the chair lift for some energy !)
- Duct tape, there are 2 sides to this world; the Dark Side and the Light Side – they are both held together by Duct-tape. Great for repairing split bags clothing etc.
- PROOF OF VACCINATION
- PHOTO ID PROOF OF AGE (drinking age is 19, you will have to show some ID to prove your age. Please don’t use your passport for this purpose. You will end up losing it. I believe you can get IDs online or use a driving licence.
- 2 credit/debit/travel money cards (we advise having 2 in case one is lost or breaks)
Things to note:
You will be wearing ski and snowboard gear most of the time– you won’t need as many everyday clothes as you think. There are laundry facilities in the resorts, so we advise you to pack the same as you would for a one or two week holiday. So no need for everything but the kitchen sink!
Feel free to contact us with any concerns about what to pack, no matter how silly you think it is. We would rather put your stress at ease, to help make this experience as fun and comfortable as possible!