SKI INSTRUCTOR INTERNSHIP NEW ZEALAND
10 WEEKS – QUEENSTOWN, NEW ZEALAND – £8495
Our New Zealand ski instructor internship is an 10 week programme that trains you for level 1 & 2 instructor qualifications whilst allowing you the opportunity to work as an instructor in NZ. Living in Queenstown, you will train and work at the nearest ski resorts of Coronet Peak and The Remarkables.
Spaces are limited for this internship and candidates must go through a recruitment process to become enrolled. However, if you ski well, have a passion for the sport and can demonstrate your commitment to work and play hard, then this could be your opportunity.
To be eligible for this course you must have the right to work in New Zealand or be able to get your own working visa. If you are between 18 and 30 you can apply for a holiday working visa. Details can be found here.
This 10 week Level 1 and 2 ski instructor internship course is an ideal way for people to get into the ski instructing industry and try it out. You will be trained to the highest New Zealand standards and get work experience that will help you get a step up into the winter sports industry.*
To apply please complete the application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Job offers will be made when participants pass level one.
What they said
- NZSIA Ski Instructor Course ReviewElliot Russell “After spending a season in Canada with The Winter Sport Company I decided to book onto their advanced course in New Zealand. I couldn’t believe how much I learnt in the first week of training. The trainers were at some of the highest levels in the Southern Hemisphere. The [...]Read more
What you’ll get
- 20 days of training
- 4 Weeks of ski instructing work at either Coronet Peak or The Remarkables
- NZSIA membership
- NZSIA Level 1 exam
- NZSIA Level 2 exam
- Season lift pass for 2 resorts – The Remarkables & Coronet Peak
- Transport to the slopes 7 days a week
- Ski Tuning Seminar
- Snow Ready Fitness Plan
- Evening sessions
- Welcome meeting
- Weeks in resort before slopes officially open
- Self – catered accommodation
- All tuition
Pinewood Lodge, Queenstown
- Self-catered rooms with kitchens
- Laundry with dryer
- Drying room
- Ski Tuning room
- Free Wi Fi
- Week 1: Orientation and introduction to NZSIA methods. Welcome meeting and downtown Queenstown visit to organise bank accounts etc. Training begins.
- Week 2: Ski Improvement, teaching controlled turns and demonstrations for beginners. Shadow teaching and pre exam review
- Week 3: NZSIA level 1 exam held over 5 days
- Week 4: Sign up and 3 days induction with NZSKI. Begin work as an instructor
- Week 5: Work as an instructor
- Week 6: Work as an instructor
- Week 7: Work as an instructor
- Week 8: Level 2 training
- Week 9: Level 2 training
- Week 10: Level 2 training
- Week 11: NZSIA Level 2 exam
- Option to extend accommodation to stay in resort