Training covers 13 modules. A full breakdown of module content can be found on our ski patrol qualifications page.
- Module 1: CPR – BLS for Healthcare Professionals
- Module 2: Non-Urban Occupational Emergency Care, Level 3
- Module 3: Advanced Protocol Training
- Module 4: Rope Rescue
- Module 5: Aerial Lift Evacuation & Self Evacuation
- Module 6: Patient Extrication & Evacuation
- Module 7: Avalanche Skills Training, Level 1
- Module 8: Risk Management
- Module 9: Incident Investigation
- Module 10: General Patrolling
- Module 11: Helicopter Orientation, Air Evacuation, Air Rescue
- Module 12: GPS & Compass Orientation
- Module 13: Mentoring
All specialist equipment required for training is provided as part of the course.
You will receive a pack with all the essential equipment required to work with the ski patrol. Items include Avalanche safety gear: probe, shovel, transceiver, first aid supplies and medical equipment. Backpacks are on loan and must be returned in good condition. They can be purchased at the end of the course in the resort if requested.
Additional Training Options
Become ultra employable and become a ski or snowboard instructor too. CSIA level 1 and CASI level 1 are available by joining the 11 Week Ski Patrol + Instructor level 1 course starting in January.
Visa Assistance & Job Opportunities
We have partnerships and connections with several sports schools across the world. We can offer guidance to help you to find employment as a patroller once qualified.
We provide comprehensive advice and assistance when applying for working holiday visas.
Snow Ready Fitness Plan
Created for Winter Sports by a personal trainer & instructor, this 8-week pre-season fitness programme targets the muscle groups used in skiing & snowboarding. It will ensure you are snow-fit in time for the start of your course.
Not included in the course price is the core textbook. Outdoor Emergency Care – 5th Edition costs approx £89.99 and must be purchased before the course start date.